Latest Update from Ian Cooling
I’m delighted to announce that the second batch of Jaguar Automobilia Auction Previews is now on my website at this link – www.jaguarautomobilia.com/auction/
They follow straight on from the first batch of 20. So just scroll down the list until you come to number 21ND, which is the first of the second batch. As you will see, all the new entries are from the Norman Dewis Collection and they offer a hugely varied selection, including many unique items.
Now is also the point in the auction cycle, when I close the print catalogue so I can meet my deadline with the printer. Old hands will know that this is also when I immediately open “Section Z”, which is the Section of the on-line catalogue specially set aside for late entries!
Section Z will stay open until mid-April, so if you are thinking of entering any of your Jaguar Automobilia into the auction, there is still plenty of time. You can either reply to this mail with an outline of your entries, or send me details from the website using the proforma on this link –
Preview 3 will issue next weekend and will feature entries from a wide range of other customers. This will be another goodly variety of entries ranging from the pre-war SS Cars era, through XKs in the 1950s – when Jaguars were winning everything in sight, to the more recent TWR/Silk Cut era, with some very special XJ220 items on offer – some rare, some unique.
Individual highlights will include:
• A superb scratch-built 1:8 scale model of a D-type, hand-crafted by Len Pritchard. Len was a founding partner of Williams & Pritchard who created a whole generation of Lotus bodies – racers and road cars. Unique.
• A sterling silver SS Cars desk lighter. Rare.
• A copy of “Challenge Me the Race” by Mike Hawthorn and signed by Mike. This covers his Jaguar years. Signed copies are very rare
• A tempting selection of Jaguar key fobs – a Jaguar automobilia theme that has sprung to life in the past year.
• An NOS XK150 radiator grill and Version 2 mascot. Both still in their original Jaguar factory protection wraps! Hyper-rare (I’m running out of superlatives here!).
• Win Percy’s parade suit.
You get the picture – wide-ranging, rare, interesting, unusual – and all available next month. There truly is nothing like my Spring Jaguar Automobilia auction available anywhere else in the world right now.
I close with my usual offer – if you have any queries on items in the Preview or about the Auction more widely, please do not hesitate to mail me – that’s what I’m here for.
All the very best and in these viral days – stay well!