42200 miles from new
With 2 previous enthusiast owners, a comprehensive service history and an exceptional MOT test profile, this is an outstanding car. The stunning exterior finish and exceptional condition of the leather interior are both reflective of its careful use.Complimented, by the very low mileage of only 42200 miles from new, makes this one of the nicest examples of the iconic X308 saloon range.
3.2 Litre – short wheel base – in Topaz with Oatmeal interior on 20 Spoke alloy wheels (VIN:826519)
The car was supplied new and first registered on 1 January 1998 by County Motor Group based in Carlisle to the original owner – a long standing Jaguar customer. The car was pictured in an article about the owner in Cumbria Life Magazine in 1999 (copy of article available). Gilligan Jaguar was the Jaguar dealer in Carlisleby the time of the first service hence the dealer advertising sticker still in the rear screen.
The second owner brought the car on 1 February 2000. From a warranty work receipt, this owner may have bought the car through Hadley Green Garage. Also a Jaguar enthusiast,the second ownerretained the car(on a personalised plate) for 18 years.
The current owner has been a Jaguar enthusiast for over 20 years; drives and maintains his cars to a high standard and particularly likes the X308 range of saloons.
MOT History: based on documents available (mileage)
(The car will come with 12 months MOT)
- 26 September 2017: (41627) – Pass – No advisories
- 29 September 2016: (39938) – Pass – No advisories
- 27 August 2015: (39253) – Pass – No advisories*
- 30 June 2014: (38320) – Pass – No advisories
- 28 June 2013: (36889) – Pass – No advisories
- 25 June 2012: (35978) – Pass – No advisories
- 30 June 2011: (34436) – Pass – No advisories
- 01 July 2010: (32274) – Pass – No advisories
- 26 June 2009: (30939) – Pass – No advisories
- 18 June 2008: (30041) – Pass – No advisories
- 28 June 2007: (28845) – Pass – With advisory**
- 23 June 2006: (28056) – Pass – No advisories
- 01 July 2005: (27465) – Pass
- 23 June 2004: (24509) – Pass
* Prior fail on the same day due to windscreen washer providing insufficient washer liquid.
** Near side front tyre worn close to legal limit.
Service History: based on documents available (mileage)
- 27 September2017: (41627) Full service(Independent garage)
- 2015*: Full service(Independent garage)
- 26 June 2009: (30936) Full service (Independent garage)
- 27 October 2006: (28481) Full service(Independent Jaguar specialist)
- 2 June 2005 (27348) Service (Independent Jaguar specialist)
- 16 July 2004: (25117) Full service (Independent Jaguar specialist)
- 16 October 2002: (20698) Full service (Independent Jaguar specialist)
- 25 May 2001: (17678) Full service (Independent Jaguar specialist)
- 19 January 2000: (11154)Full service (Jaguar dealer)
- 8 January 1999: (6301) Full service (Jaguar dealer)
- 20 December 1997: (10)Pre delivery (Jaguar dealer)
*Date unclear from paperwork
For further information please contact Mike Smith on mobile 07970 718069
This XJ8 was chosen by Rob Jenner and Letitia Mace for the ‘Special Courtyard Display’ at Wroxall Abbey on 1st July 2018 to support David Marks Seminar on the evolution of the XJ. We were indebted to Mike for taking the car out of the sales area at short notice, and probably missing out on a sale on the day. The car is a very nice example of the XJ8 and the owner is a pleasure to deal with. If you are looking for an XJ8 you would do well to give this car serious consideration!