To get a glimpse of the new Jaguar XKR-S GT join us at the Jaguar Enthusiasts’ Club Southern Day, to be held at Littlecote House on 1st September 2013.
In fact, you can take a good long look at it, and also ask questions, as it will be accompanied by ETO engineers, David Moore and Pete Page, from Jaguar Cars.
Recently unveiled at the New York Motor Show, a limited edition of only 30 cars is planned, so not only does this make it an extremely rare Jaguar, but it might be your only chance of seeing one, before they vanish into private collections across the pond!
To make sure you dont miss out on this opportunity, book your tickets for JEC Southern Day at Littlecote House HERE
XKR-S GT Facts
- The XKR-S GT, developed by Jaguar’s ETO division, is the ultimate road-going but track-ready version of the XK coupe
- Initial production will be limited to just 30 cars for the North American market, making it the rarest ‘R’ model in the 25-year history of Jaguar’s R performance cars
- Evolved from the successful XKR-S coupe, the XKR-S GT features bespoke aerodynamic components and suspension developments to increase downforce and optimise high-speed cornering ability
- Through the addition of aerodynamic aids including a carbon-fibre front splitter, dive planes, extended wheelarch spats, an elevated rear wing, rear diffuser and an aluminium valance, the XKR-S GT achieves maximum downforce of 145kg
- Its carbon ceramic brake system – a first for a production Jaguar – features 398mm and 380mm discs front/rear gripped respectively by six- and four-piston monoblock calipers
- The XKR-S GT uses a new development of front and rear suspension that includes a wider front track, increased camber, revised bushings, a new steering system and faster steering ratio, all developed upon learning gained from Jaguar’s new F-TYPE two-seater sports car
- Height-adjustable and bespoke adaptive dampers feature a race-derived twin spring system and increased rates of 68% at the front and 25% at the rear
- Powered by Jaguar’s proven 550PS, 680Nm supercharged 5.0-litre V8 engine – driving through a six-speed transmission and active electronic differential – the XKR-S GT reaches 60mph in 3.9 seconds with an electronically limited top speed of 186mph
- New, wider, 20-inch forged and lightweight alloy wheels are designed to optimise brake cooling and are shod with Pirelli Corsa 255/35 front and 305/30 rear tyres to maximise grip
All information correct at time of publishing.
To receive all future updates on Jaguar related news and events as they arrive, please subscribe to Xclusively Jaguar News using the Newsletter Sign Up facility in the top right hand corner of the page. Subscription is free of charge with an opt out facility.