Recently unveiled at the 2013 New York Motor Show, a limited edition of only 30 cars is planned.
Here is a glimpse of the Jaguar XKR-S GT in action!
XKR-S GT Facts
- The XKR-S GT, developed by Jaguar’s ETO division, is the ultimate road-going but track-ready version of the XK coupe
- Initial production will be limited to just 30 cars for the North American market, making it the rarest ‘R’ model in the 25-year history of Jaguar’s R performance cars
- Evolved from the successful XKR-S coupe, the XKR-S GT features bespoke aerodynamic components and suspension developments to increase downforce and optimise high-speed cornering ability
- Through the addition of aerodynamic aids including a carbon-fibre front splitter, dive planes, extended wheelarch spats, an elevated rear wing, rear diffuser and an aluminium valance, the XKR-S GT achieves maximum downforce of 145kg
- Its carbon ceramic brake system – a first for a production Jaguar – features 398mm and 380mm discs front/rear gripped respectively by six- and four-piston monoblock calipers
- The XKR-S GT uses a new development of front and rear suspension that includes a wider front track, increased camber, revised bushings, a new steering system and faster steering ratio, all developed upon learning gained from Jaguar’s new F-TYPE two-seater sports car
- Height-adjustable and bespoke adaptive dampers feature a race-derived twin spring system and increased rates of 68% at the front and 25% at the rear
- Powered by Jaguar’s proven 550PS, 680Nm supercharged 5.0-litre V8 engine – driving through a six-speed transmission and active electronic differential – the XKR-S GT reaches 60mph in 3.9 seconds with an electronically limited top speed of 186mph
- New, wider, 20-inch forged and lightweight alloy wheels are designed to optimise brake cooling and are shod with Pirelli Corsa 255/35 front and 305/30 rear tyres to maximise grip
All information correct at time of publishing.