Welcome to the latest Xclusively Jaguar News Round Up!
Never work with animals or children, I was always warned! ……….. but we did and we got away with it, and as you can see we all had great fun into the bargain! ………. so this months cover picture features my two grandsons recommending Millers Oils while appropriately dressed in their ‘Pistoneeze’ T-shirts.
|……. and before anybody questions it, the oil went in a Triumph TR6, not the Jaguar XJ40 XJR pictured here, which takes 10w40
Next month we will report on our trip to Hull where we attended a Millers Oils Seminar and picked up a lot of useful information on how good quality oil will improve the performance and longevity of your Jaguar – or any other car, for that matter!
FOR SALE – Pick of the month
Special Edition – one of only 30 produced!
LATTICE ALLOY WHEELS WANTED
Gustavo Moncayo Baca, DIRECTOR of ITAL LLANTA CIA LTDA, Quito – Ecuador is looking for a set of five 8 x 16 genuine Jaguar Lattice alloys for an XJ40
Part no: CBC 9643, MMB6115AA or MHB6115AA
Please email firstname.lastname@example.org
NEWS AND REQUESTS FROM OUR SPONSORS AND OUR READERS
The XJ40 Register has just reached 10,000 and registrar, Paul Keating, notes the following:
* Current car count: 10,066
* Cars active within the UK: 869
* Cars active outwith the UK: 264
* Cars active total: 1,133
* Highest mileage: 326,096 (1994 3.2S)
* Second highest mileage: 321,287 (1988 3.6 Sovereign)
* Manual transmission: 661
* Automatic transmission: 9,405
* Most common spec: XJ6 (base)
* Most common engine: 4.0
* Most common colour: Blue (arctic, westminster, diamond etc)
* Most common MOT failure/cause of scrapping: Corrosion
David Marks did some research on our behalf in response to a question from John Garea in New Zealand, and came up with the following information, which we felt was worth making known to others who may have witnessed the same symptoms:
|As promised last month, I have now revived my 1996 Daimler Century Register which can be seen HERE|
See our Recommended Jaguar Reading List
|Sturgess of Leicester – ebay shop
Genuine Jaguar merchandise at hugely reduced prices!
|Follow JS Racing
|Dönni Classic Car – Latest News and Offers
|E-type Club – October 2017 magazine OUT NOW! (Members only)
This month’s issue includes ‘Buying an E-type for Restoration’
JOIN HERE to receive your copy!
|Jaguar Magazine – Latest News|
Porter Press International Newsletter – August 2017
Porter Press at Goodwood Revival: Rain may have dampened the racetrack, but it failed to dampen race-goers’ spirits. Readers came from far and wide to visit the Porter Press stand, dressed in a splendid array of period clothing, and there was general agreement that a smart trilby, military uniform or wide skirt beat jeans and a jumper any day.
|Stewart Miller and Peter James Insurance – Latest News|
|For those not yet familiar with XJ Restorations,
|XK Gazette – September 2017 OUT NOW! (Members only)
This month’s issue takes a close look at the XK150
JOIN HERE to receive your copy!
|September 2017 News from Jaguar Enthusiasts’ Club Shropshire and Welsh Borders Region sent courtesy of David Bates|
|August 2017 News from Jaguar Enthusiasts’ Club South Wales Region sent courtesy of Colin Manconi|
|Commission a picture of YOUR Jaguar by artist, Esta-jane Middling. For more details go to EJ Draws Cars or for examples of Esta’jane’s work, go to pictures by Esta-jane|
|Brucie’s latest news ……….|
|Looking Back ….. Jaguar Heritage News: June 2012 – this post first appeared in Xclusively Jaguar News – June 2012 and looks back at the Jaguar Heritage news and events of the day.|
|Quick click through to Xclusively Jaguar News – October 2017 where you will find a wealth of new features on all things Jaguar|
|BACK ISSUES: See back issues of Xclusively Jaguar News HERE|
Tips to help you to enjoy our website to the full:
- Double click on any of the pictures on the website to bring up a full size version!
- All gold script is either a link or an email address!
- To find the latest news items, go to XJ News, select current year from the dropdown menu and current month from the next dropdown menu.
- Sign up for our free monthly e-newsletter in the top right hand corner of any page of the website.
- Translate button bottom right hand side of page
- You do not need to Log In to this website to use it – trying to Log In will block you!
- Use the SEARCH facilitily at the bottom of any page to find specific articles
All information correct at time of publishing
Subscription is free of charge with an opt out facility